Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hemp + Flax Granola


Okay, I promise I will eventually post something that is not a breakfast food! But I just cannot get over how much I love this granola. Not only does is make my taste buds oh-so-very happy, but it is crazy good for you. If you think you might even just slightly like granola, try this!

Ingredients
2 cup rolled oats (I use Trader Joe's GF rolled oats)
1/3 cup hemp seeds (shelled)
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/3 cup pepitas
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or other GF flour)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raw agave syrup

Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees. Get out a large mixing bowl, and combine the first 6 ingredients. Then pour in the agave syrup and mix well. Spread oat mixture out evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, taking out and stirring every 10 minutes. Let cool, and store in an air tight container.

This is best as a cereal. Add in some fresh blueberries and sun dried goji berries, like I did above, or any other yummy mix-in that you would like, and serve with vanilla almond milk.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish, especially w the goji berries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the goji berries are my favorite!

      Delete