Friday, July 20, 2012

Fluffy Pancake Breakfast





Well, here goes my first blog post! I felt as if pancakes were fitting, seeing as I make them almost every week for Scott (my husband). There are so many variations the possibilities are endless! However, these are my favorite, simple fluffy pancakes. Vegan of course. These are super simple because, let's be honest, no one is really that coordinated early in the morning. Plus, if you are as hungry as me when I first wake up, you don't have time for complex recipes that will prolong your early morning hunger. 

Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flower
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave 

Feel free to add in some cinnamon, blueberries, chocolate chips, mashed banana, peanut butter, flax seeds, oats, or anything else your early morning pancake loving heart desires. 

Mix all the dry ingredients together, then whisk in the wet ingredients. Cook the pancakes for a few minutes on each side in a pan heated to medium heat, coated with a bit of melted vegan butter. 

(I served mine topped with some fresh blueberries and pure maple syrup, and a side of nectarine slices sprinkled with chia seeds.)

You are now in vegan pancake heaven. Enjoy!

1 comment: