Thursday, January 10, 2013

Crunchy Peanut Butter with Flax Seeds























































































This is a simple how-to for my new favorite peanut butter. I have been making my own peanut butter for over a year now, and finally decided to mix it up a bit! Pieces of peanut and golden flax seeds give this peanut butter a great crunch factor, and it tastes oh-so-tasty by the spoonful. Or on apple slices as pictured above if you have enough will power to slice an apple before diving into the jar! I haven't written a post for making peanut butter yet because I thought it was too simple. However, after posting a picture of a jar I made on Instagram the other day, I had people reaching out to me for the recipe! Just when I was having bloggers-block for the past two weeks wracking my brain over some fancy new recipe that had yet to come to mind, I had my followers point out that even the simplest of recipes are valued and needed. Thank you guys! 

Ingredients
16 ounces of roasted, unsalted peanuts 1 bag at Trader Joe's
1 tablespoon golden flaxseeds
1/2 teaspoon salt I use pink Himalayan salt 

In the bowl of your food processor, add 1/3 cup of the peanuts and pulse a few times to break into small pieces. Add these pieces to the empty jar in which you are going to store your peanut butter. Add the flaxseeds to the jar as well, and add the remaining peanuts to your food processor with the salt (adjust the amount of salt to taste, or leave it out entirely if you wish!). Turn your food processor on and let it run for about five minutes. The peanut will clump, maybe even form a ball, and then begin to smooth out. When your peanut butter is looking smooth and glossy let your processor keep running for an additional 30 seconds to ensure it is as smooth as it can get. Transfer your peanut butter to the jar with the peanut pieces and flax seed, and stir with a knife to mix. Keep in your refrigerator to chill until ready to serve. The peanut butter will thicken substantially once refrigerated for a few hours. 

1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet of you to write me this, thank you so much! I hope to continue as well =) thank you for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete