Monday, September 10, 2012

Raw Chocolate Pudding

Creamy, rich, chocolate pudding layered with sweet cacao nibs and topped with coconut milk cream, more cacao nibs, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. A dark, rainy morning brought about these sweet jars of chocolately goodness. The best part is you would never know you were eating something so good for you. Not only are they vegan, but they are raw, gluten free, soy free, and have zero processed sugar. They are full of potassium, magnesium, protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants. Don't let all this healthy jargon scare you away from making these though when you are craving something decadent and indulgent! Also, don't let the ingredients scare you, I'm telling you, this is the best chocolate pudding I have ever had. Whether you are a pudding fan or not, I am almost positive if you make this once - you will make it again and again. Here is to rainy mornings and chocolate pudding =)


Makes 2 servings. 

Ingredients
Flesh of 1 ripe avocado
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Optional
Raw sweetened cacao nibs
1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated
Cinnamon

Blend all the ingredients (minus the optional ones listed) in your blender, stopping to scrape down the sides and giving it a stir a few times until smooth and creamy with no clumps. You can refrigerate the pudding as is until ready to eat, or layer with some cacao nibs in two jars and top with the coconut cream that rises to the top of the coconut milk can (when refrigerated) and add a few more cacao nibs and a sprinkle of cinnamon. These keep well with their lids on in the refrigerator, but mine only lasted one day before getting devoured, so I'm not sure the shelf life. Most likely they will be consumed before the day is over so you will not have to worry!

6 comments:

  1. Looks delicious ! I have yet to try the raw puddings. Will do this one soon, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! This was my first raw pudding too - and I am now sold on them. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. These are really cute in their little mason jars! It looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine didn't turn out quite as luxuriously dark as yours did, but it is still absolutely delicious! I used honey instead of agave and regular unsweetened almond milk [as I cook savory things with it, too, so I don't get vanilla flavour] + 1/2 tsp vanilla. I did, however, forget to get a can of coconut milk :[ But I have coconut ice cream I made in the freezer ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found it delicious! Did you by chance use raw cacao, or regular cocoa powder? That could make a huge difference in richness. But nonetheless, I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe! Ice cream sounds divine as well ;)

      Delete